charity: water THE SPRING
charity: water THE SPRING is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Their mission since 2006 is to end the global water crisis.
Thanks to charity: water 14,762,215 people in 29 countries already gained access to clean water.
Why did we choose to support charity: water THE SPRING?
- Because contaminated water kills more people than all forms of violence, including war. 43% of those deaths are children under five years old. Access to clean water can save around 16,000 lives every week.
- Women (including teenage girls) in Africa alone spend 40 bilion hours a year walking to collect clean water. Access to clean water gives them time to grow food, earn an income, and go to school.
- Proper toilets and clean water mean girls can attend school without having to stay home for one week every month.
- Women are responsible for 72% of the water collected in Sub-Saharan Africa. With access to clean water they can focus on their future.
- Because they track every dollar raised and show the projects you helped fund with photos and GPS coordinates.